We can’t prove it, but strawberries might be the most popular fruit in the world. Science recognizes more than 20 different individual species and there are many “subspecies” as well. I think its interesting that it takes a count of the number of chromosomes to determine if a plant is, or is not, a strawberry. Regardless, they all taste wonderful.
No April fool joke here! This is a traditional smoothie recipe that provides a lot of fruit nutrition and a great taste for a lunch or afternoon break. Or, for a different taste, use raspberries in place of strawberries.
- 1 cup of frozen banana chips
- 1/2 cup of plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 cup of milk (soy, low-fat or coconut)
- 1/2 cup of fresh raspberries or strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon of chia seed
Enjoy searching Best Fruit Smoothies for free, healthy, delicious smoothie recipes.